Prizes and Bragging Rights
Championship Silver Belt Buckle and display case will be awarded for the Grand Champion along with a $2,000 cash prize. Championship Silver Belt Buckle and display case will be awarded for 1st place in each category along with cash prizes. Second and third place winners will be awarded trophies in the following categories:
- Best Beef Brisket
- Best Fish
- Best Chicken
- Best Beans
In addition to the category winners chosen by blind judging, we will award a People’s Choice winner in each of the four food categories. The People’s Choice winners will be determined by the highest number of votes cast by visitors to the event. Congregation Agudas Achim will donate $250 to the charity of the People’s Choice winning team in each category – invite your friends and groupies to the event.
- Booth sites will measure approximately 24’ x 30’ or 12’ x 27’ on asphalt and will be numbered. Please make sure that your rig will fit within these parameters. Additional space may be available upon request in advance. Please be a good and considerate neighbor to the adjoining booths.
- Drilling into the asphalt is not permitted.
- Vehicles will not be allowed on the contest grounds from 8:00 a.m. on Sunday until after the awards ceremony at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Water will be available in one central, outside location. Please bring sufficient water containers to transport water to your site. Hoses will not be allowed.
- Each team is responsible for removing its own trash. Trash receptacles will be available to each team. Dumpsters will be available on the grounds. No litter, ashes or grease should be left behind by any team.
- Bathroom facilities are available inside and outside of the synagogue.
- Teams may not sell any food, drink, or other items during the event.
- Bring a state inspected fire extinguisher with you. Check the state and expiration. It’s one of the requirements for a city of San Antonio permit for the event is a fire extinguisher.
- The Texas Kosher BBQ Championship reserves the right to make additional rules and regulations as the situation warrants.
- Team tents must be 10 ft away from pits.